PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Boeing 737 use of the Roller Coaster method of manual stab trim
Old 26th Mar 2020, 12:18
Pugilistic Animus

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by turbidus
okay, I want you pilots to keep in mind you are driving the most advanced, safest, aircraft that Boeing offers..

That being said, every once in a while, we are not exactly sure when, you may have to descend from FL37 to, well about, 2500 feet AGL, hitting the speed brakes on the way to get the ac to less than 200 kts...all good so far, right?
Then, you will have to perform a "roller coaster" technique" to save the ac...

(sorry, this is not the vomit comet procedure, but close)

Dont worry, the following technique will be added to the seatback pamphlets so the pax wont be scared sh**less...

Hey, both of you, pay attention, handles out, both hands on that wheel...now...

Should you be successful, and avoid CFIT, feel free to return to FL 37...

Thank you for flying the brand new, 17th century designed, 737MAX!

Oh, and as a reminder, while you are trying to save the ac, dont forget to inform those annoying little ****z at ATC what you are doing....they can get soooo annoying with that 35K drop...

When you get back to report, keep in mind that you have been flying an A321 neo.....

Thank you for flying the new and improved 737MAX!
Turbidus, I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at, I sense sarcasm but I maybe wrong please elucidate what you are talking about?...BTW I have never flown any of the 737s.