PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 25th Mar 2020, 19:26
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Shy in the race to condemn people miss the wider point.

The outrage and anger isn’t about his individual ability or aircraft type it’s all about the economics and a feeling that this is (and has been) extensive.

Im not sure it is and I’m not sure flights such as these are cutting the throats commercially of legacy operations because they aren’t procured in the same way. If they were then surely you’d see prosecutions and if not before this event then surely afterwards.

my point re: <70kg Pilot is he doesn’t get an ATPL with IR to fly his <70kg aircraft. The pilot of this aircraft was clearly of a mindset that felt he was if not doing the right thing his many 1000s of hours gave him comfort he was going to get away with it.

thats not a defence but I think it’s pretty obvious. We have a regulator and we have some pretty clear regulations and especially so in regard to the established transgressions. Go figure why this happens. I suspect that same body isn’t easy to criticise without identifying yourself and in the process blowing yourself up.