PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greatest opportunity for pilots amid crisis?
Old 25th Mar 2020, 14:33
Private jet

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by macdo
Build it and they will come.
People want to travel, or need to travel.
Once a vaccine is found the AI will kick in and the world stock markets will rocket.
Airlines that have survived will fill the gaps made by those that did not.
3 years passes and normal service resumes.
Indirect casualty may well be T&C's for Pilots.
I agree with all of this. There will be a slingshot effect. Ask people what they want to do more of if they have the opportunity and the answer is always travel. I don't know why, but they do, I suppose that is from the perspective of being a pilot aka "professional traveller".
Remember that central banks have injected hundreds of billions into the system to maintain liquidity and avert a total collapse of society. When normality resumes inflation will certainly rise because of this, so interest rates will have to rise, and taxes too in order to service the debt, but even so it will take a very long time for the central banks to take it back via bond interest/redemption and higher base rates. Business will be allowed to thrive because people need jobs to pay the taxes, the stock market (but less so the bond market) will bounce back and all will be good again. The big issue is which businesses can get through this extremely lean period and not all of them will. My advice; Sit tight, don't worry and ride out the storm in terms of both health and finance (your health is your wealth after all!)