PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK government says no industry-wide bailout for aviation
Old 25th Mar 2020, 09:36
flocci_non_faccio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When air travel does resume, I think it will be expensive and only for the comparative few.
I personally just can’t see that. I think the aviation industry is going to come out of this smaller than it went in, but there is still going to be the usual demand for bucket and spade, package holiday flying (thinking purely about the UK market here).

I’m a pessimist and I do think for various reasons airline flying as a career is dead, but equally I do think that flying will still be happening in mass market quantities after this.

My heartfelt thoughts are with all those whose futures are in doubt. Being over 65 and past it has its benefits.
On that point I agree completely. A large number of pilots are about to find out that the jobs market is an unforgiving place for those with no real back up plan or qualifications. A lot of people are going to be facing the replacement of £100k+ a year jobs with a career in minimum wage employment at best.