PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Does BA Have An Attitude Problem?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2003, 16:18
Final 3 Greens

Hi Bealine

The only beef I have about BA is the Executive Club, which drives rational pax away from the airline.

I fly about 2 sectors a week on average, mostly around Europe.

As I work in the professional services sector, the usual convention is that the customers travel policy applies. Most of my customers are large companies (household names) and the policy is typically less than 5 hours economy, more than 5 business or enhanced economy.

With BA, this gets me airmiles (which I don't really want, since heaven is spending time at home), but no priority check in or lounge access.

With Skyteam, 30 sectors per year earns a gold card that gives both the above (although I have a Priority Pass for lounge access anyway.)

You may be surprised (or not) that the difference between using economy check in and business check in is a very powerful incentive to the frequent flyer :-)

I still rate BA as the most consistently professional airline I use (although LH are pretty good too), but get fed up of receiving emails from the Exec Club manager telling me how great it is, when in fact it's a sales prevention club

Because I travel heavily to France (where Priority Pass does not work too well) and the Czech Republic, Skyteam will get about 40 sectors this year from me, whereas BA could have had those.

I realise that I'm only one pax, but the compound effect of the policy across the exec club membership (and beyond) on the BA business must be significant.

If you think anyone in BA would be interested in this info, please PM their email address to me and I'll be pleased to point it out direct. Or PM me for my 'real' indentity and they can contact me...