PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 24th Mar 2020, 12:02
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mate, people are not getting competitive. We are giving advice to the youngsters so you don’t get in a difficult situation like many of us did.

Nobody is portraying a “living hell”, do you think we want to be in this situation? It’s the truth my friend.

I have pilots friends flying all over Europe/world, there isn't a single pilot who isn't afraid of losing their job, some fly legacy and others low cost.

How long was the 9/11 grounding? Compare it to now.

When it comes to recruitment, there were years where I wouldn’t get a single reply to my cadet applications, to the contrary of what was promised by flight schools. On the other hand, I had five interview offers the same week I’ve stepped out of This outfit.

There are insurance considerations, as well as Limitations as to what you can do and who you can fly with as a cadet, that’s added cost. Although long term it is cheaper, it will depend on company’s training capacity and what the market demands in terms of growth.

It is unprecedented to ground aviation for such a long period of time, and there are thousands of people in different sectors losing their jobs. Meaning, people’s priorities wont be to go on holidays as soon as there’s some money coming in and businesses will refrain of premium travel.

Again, it took me several years to get a job and you need to be humble. Don’t believe any flight school, their job is to sell you the dream.