PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 24th Mar 2020, 10:55
Citationcj2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sorath
Seems like all current qualified pilots don't want any new players after the s*** has hit the fan for their future job interviews, as younger cadets and with less FH will be a cheaper hire for the airlines...
Nah.. is just the desperation cadets go trough and willing to almost fly for free, as seen in some of the comments in this thread:

“If I got an airline job I would fly for free for 6 months just to get that job”

Everybody wants their first job, and are literally willing to do anything.

But unfortunately this comes at the price!
T&Cs are getting slashed, and as you said newer guys are willing to work for less..

But 6 months or 1 year later when reality kicks in, all those cadets start to sing a different tune!

They complain, they moan, they had enough!
They start applying to other airlines, after their first 500hr, they start joining unions, they leave and they seek better conditions and pay!

See? Its a vicious circle.

And unfortunately your flight schools, instagram & YouTube doesn’t portray the actual and factual picture of the real airline pilot. Its not all sunsets and selfies and flash watches and look at me attitude.

Theres other side if it too, and this is something thats not published and you won’t know about it till you join the club.

So dont be delusional in this, nobody here is afraid of you, the jet hours experienced guys have, are worth gold in the aviation industry, they are the commanders or future commanders. There is no replacement for it! Certainly not a cadet. But you are the future of this industry, so try set some standards, otherwise soon enough guys In McDonalds will earn more then pilots and robots will take over!