PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet-5
Thread: EasyJet-5
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2020, 20:11
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WelshBarry
. Under exceptional circumstances and particularly if the stability and health of the company is under question, the board's decision could be rescinded.
Shareholders of the company voted to pay themselves, on board advice, a dividend. Board is answerable to shareholders, taking a decision to refuse to pay a dividend after it has been legally approved by owners is basically a board acting beyond its powers.

It doesn't matter how morally or seemingly incorrect it is, the board is answerable to the shareholders NOT to general public who have zero invested in the company.

I will ignore your reference to my ignorance as you have no idea about my background and experience in these fields.
There is a very strong case for stopping (or seriously reducing) payouts to shareholders and hanging on to those fund to help it through the next few months of uncertainty.
Good luck to you all.
Buy shares in Easyjet then and turn up at their AGM and make your case. One single share entitles you to attend their AGM and state your case. Cost of 1 share plus dealing costs will set you back less than £50. You are then free to show all your experience in the field.