PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LCC, Erosion of condition, and the FAAA
Old 19th Nov 2003, 12:19
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UDR -
My apologies if what I stated was incorrect in your view. Honestly though I am yet to come across someone from LH who's opinion differs from what I said. That is a very close friend and a 'friend of a friend' plus around 5 or 6 LH FAs I have had idle chats with. You are right about PER but look at how new the base is and the amount of trips they actually have.

Re. the no flying line I might've misunderstood what I was told or maybe my friend just whinges for the sake of it and doesn't tell the whole story.... Most likely

I truly don't think it is too late for all domestic / regional FAs to stick together. I just think everyone is either too complacent or too focused on the smaller picture or their own agenda. Some people have it right though. Take a step back and look at what the big Q is doing to not just youself but your fellow workers more junior to you and in those other divisions. Makes me angry to say the least. I know Qantas is a business but if it were going through tough times I could perhaps understand. Corporate greed and willingness to walk over employees just doesn't wash with me.

Ferris and IguanaHead-
You have got it right. I agree totally.

Qwannas -
I do agree that perhaps the union could be a bit more focused on the whole domestic / regional scene. Not just each division as a separate concern. I am not saying I think they are doing a bad job. I just believe they are tackling the problem from too many sides. Perhaps attacking from the one point of view might have a better result for all. Just my personal thoughts. Who knows? What ever...