PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS - The Political Farce Continued (Thread 5)
Old 19th Nov 2003, 12:08
ozm8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SM4 Pirate and ANSA - thanks for responding to my post! Most of my posts thus far have been completely ignored!

Sure the issues are more complex! My final project at university was generally about the issues surrounding NAS - and it ended up being about 14,000 words, and I could have said more, given more time. I didn't even touch on the issues surrounding VFR-on-top and IFR pickup procedures.

I have read a good proportion of the other posts on NAS - I've not read it all because discussion seemed to descend into cheap political bickering at times and drifted away from the safety issues. I was only really interested in the safety issues before when I was writing my report, but now I guess I'm open to those arguments just like anyone else - it's really the only way possible to get the politicians to understand.

My previous post represents my understanding of what I've read so far and gleaned from speaking to various people in the industry. Sure it's simplified, but I didn't see the need to be overly complex - I was just asking a simple question. From the response I received, I suppose I should probably go back and read it all again.

Originally posted by SM4 Pirate:

Less safety, more cost for those that pay
Surely this goes against DS's theory of affordable safety? Would this not be heading into the realms of "UNaffordable UNsafety"?

Oz Mate!