PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greatest opportunity for pilots amid crisis?
Old 23rd Mar 2020, 15:09
JRK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Malkovitch
I might well be opening a can of worms here, but this crisis could be the perfect opportunity for us pilots to uprise and get what we are worth. At the moment we are seen as just an asset, a cost that has to be paid to keep the planes in the air. As soon as the **** hits the fan, as we have seen with Covid19, the first to go are the staff. But if/when (and I very much hope when) everything returns to somewhat normal they will need us back in the cockpit quicksmart. If we can at least resist, argue what we are worth, how much we mean to airlines. This could be the best opportunity for pilots to get back what they deserve. Without us the planes will remain grounded. I'm not greedy. I have debts from flying school. Of which the unemployment benefit I will receive will only just cover the loan repayments. I've worked two jobs to cover it all until I became a FO and when I finally did,t wage I got was only slightly better than driving my delivery van around. I love my job, wouldn't change. But come on. We deserve better. Discuss-
Epic lack of understanding of how economics works...