PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LCC, Erosion of condition, and the FAAA
Old 19th Nov 2003, 11:05
leemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Short Haul EBA

UpperDeckRight

re: Most long haul crew feel that the short haul union shafted us in their last EBA ..... if we transfer to short haul, we are now on a 'b scale' with no band payments. And the minimal support from the short haul FAAA during our 'stop work party' was noticed. Yes I agree with other posts on the lagalities of secondary boycotts, ......................but there are ways around that , if they really wanted to, the shorthaul union could have come up with some 'non-related help'

There seems to be a misunderstanding by long haul crew in relation to bands payments if you transfer over to short haul.

The fact is that if you come over you will receive a 13% shift loading REGARDLESS of what time of day/week you fly. Therefore if you work Mon-Fri flights (and lets face it most crew trns to short haul so they can get weekends off, do less overnights etc) you will get 13% loadings which current short haul crew DO NOT get. The only time you will lose out is if you work weekends when the loadings max out at 23%.

So if you bid not to work weekends and just day trips you will actually be making more than crew on the current EBA.

The long haul FAAA did put out a memo clarifying this a few months ago.

I voted no to the EBA. I could not believe the short haul union came to us with an unfinished document and advised us (READ PRESSURED US) to vote 'Yes'. The document left us wide open with statements such as 'Clause 15-regional flying Terms to be negotiated at a later date with the company' (not verbatim). However crew do not get to vote on any agreement the company and faaa decide on!

I have withdrawn my faaa membership as they only seem to represent a small portion of crew and have certainly never given me adequate responses to enquiries.

I will join the long haul faaa when I transfer over to long haul next Janaury. My feeling is the LH faaa support and back members and will stand up to the company when necessary.