PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greatest opportunity for pilots amid crisis?
Old 23rd Mar 2020, 13:19
Webby737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope the OP was trying to p*ss us off !
There could not be a worst time in recent history to try and "uprise and get what we are worth"
Yes,
historically pilots, cabin crew and engineers have been underpaid in comparison to many other industries such as IT etc.
About 20 years ago I remember seeing a job offer for a McDonalds branch manager that paid more than I was earning as an engineer at the time.
Anyway, back to the subject !
The financial impact of this is going to be felt for a long time, even assuming a best case scenario where most carriers survive there's not going to be the same passenger traffic as before, think of how many people have or will lose their jobs, they're not going to have the financial security to spend money on luxuries such as a weekend break in the sun.
In addition to this, further down the line someone is going to have to pay the governments for the cost of all of this, so more than likely we'll be seeing an increase in taxes in a year or two.

Nows the time to try and support each other and accept what we're given, those of us that still have a job at the end of this should be thankful that we can still go to work and get paid do something that we enjoy. After all, if you're in this game solely for the money you're in the wrong job.