PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the hiring boom over?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2020, 10:29
Citationcj2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flocci_non_faccio
It will not go on for 12-18 months. That may well solve the virus issue, but it would be at the cost of destroying the entire social order. There would be rioting, looting etc. At some point the scale will tip in favour of just allowing people to become infected and die.

With that said, airline flying is in my opinion terminally damaged. There may be room for a very limited airline sector, but I'd be surprised if it was any larger than a quarter to a third of its current size. That means mass layoffs and many experienced pilots who will never find another flying job and will be seeing out their working lives on minimum wage at best as they have zero transferrable skills, and in many (most?) cases no other relevant qualifications. I would not expect to see any pilots hired within the UK market until 2030 at the absolute earliest.
Now whilst I agree with most of your comments, but I certainly don’t think its going to be that bad.

This whole current scenario is very much vaccine dependent.

If the people can work their magic soon enough, this could be the sharp end of it, and this means the reintegration will starts asap!

lets hope for that