PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas stand down 20,000 employees till end of May
Old 23rd Mar 2020, 02:55
Foxxster

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cattletruck
When all this is over we should send China the bill.

When all this over Sunny we'd all like a copy of that awesome itinerary.
I'm yet to cancel my flight to Europe in July, but it is looking more like a no-go. Rather than take a refund I've decided I will roll the dates into next year and hope for the best.
couldn’t agree more. Every country should add up the costs of their stimulus packages. Then take that figure and double it as it would not have been enough to compensate everyone affected. Then triple it for all the deaths inflicted on loved ones, the emotional stress this has had on people and the massive inconvenience. For Australia that number would be currently around $600 billion. Wipe that off what we owe China and if anything is left over, repossess some of the assets the Chinese government has bought here using state owned companies as cover.

as for July 2020 trip to Europe. No hope. Rebook for either May/ June or late August/ September next year. July is horrendous in Europe. It is absolute peak period. Unbelievable crowded and twice as expensive. Huge queues for tourist attractions. Even with probably reduced numbers next year.