PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA pilots worried about employment 2021
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2020, 00:02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chad Gates
Berealgetreal, what is the problem with what AJ said? He’s not kicking anyone when they are down. We are down too. He’s just saying the federal government can’t save VA and then not do the same for QF. I for one agree with him. To be honest this may be the best thing that could have happened to VA. They will now probably get some kind of bailout. QF will get the same, but if this hadn’t of happened VA would have gone broke, I’m sure of it. We are all in the ****. Stop throwing stones.
i have to agree with what your saying, even as an employee I don’t agree with taxpayers propping up VA. Why should they VA is totally stuffed financially - this is not the employees doing, how is it not trading insolvent right now?

The mis management has been guided by the board and chairwoman. Anyone whom disagreed divested their share holdings (Air NZ) or was promptly shown the door (JT). The current chairwoman is silent.

Do tell how It can survive any length of time. When 5.7billion came in revenue they still managed to “burn” effectively 1 million a week.

The Naysayers continued to tell us, nah it’s all good we have 1 billion in cash.
You’ll burn that 960million $ AUD pretty quick on leases and other commitments/debt I assume are written in USD.

The rot continues today Non EBA staff only being asked to take one month LWOP at “their”leisure over the next 6months, whilst frontline staff are stood down.

That’s great I’m glad the social team has been “stood up”
FFS cupcakes all round Yeahhhhhh it’s international women’s day, yup that’s what’s important when we are drowning throw us another bull**** distraction to get behind.

The icing on the cake is QQ still flying wet leases with with VA crew and airframes grounded.

Who cares about Joyce, save your own company.