PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please support easyJet Pilots and Cabin Crew
Old 22nd Mar 2020, 18:28
clvf88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NoelEvans
I'm thinking far more in long term. Little 'blips' can always be ironed out (e.g. a period of winter snow closing airports and sending things out of kilter). It's the long term wind downs or, even worse, shut downs that will cause the money to dry up.

Borrowing? Which bank or institution is going to lend to any airline right now? Banks have pulled the plug on airlines in major crises in the past.

I'm not trying to be unfairly hard on anyone, just trying to correct any "I'm entitled to to my current pay" misconceptions. If the money isn't there you're not 'entitled' to anything.
So it would seem this particular debate hinges upon ones perception of how long term you think this event will be - and thats anyones guess at this stage.

As for who would lend money to airlines; I'd say they have a plethora of credit options should they need them (many don't at this point in time!). Not least, Mr Sunaks latest offerings.

Anyhow, good luck out there. I firmly believe that whats good for one, is good for all in our pilot community. We're all in it together - and I for one will continue commend and support my colleagues standing up for their own rights.