PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - West Atlantic
Thread: West Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2020, 14:37
Trossie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by banana joe
i've been on the line for 1,5 year now and i think i actually entered a hold only once waiting for visibility to improve and eventually we diverted.
Yes, we do get some slots but never have they been that far off the departure time and most of the time they do get quick improvements. And should i mention all the directs we always get during the night?

honestly, compared to the low fares carrier typical day, this is easy and relaxed once you get used to night flying.
Originally Posted by tfe731
similar time with the company. One hold (leipzig, friday congestion), one diversion (different flight), a handful of slots, and zero unruly passengers!
Originally Posted by saulgoodman
night freight is the easiest type of ops you can find. That is, if you can adjust to nights. And if your company values your health and gives you a decent plannable (commutable) block roster. The bigger the aircraft the easier in general. Because the smaller stuff (atr / atp but also 737) are often the “feeders” so they start earlier and finish later (in general that is)
Sounds even more idyllic. Next, you are all going to say that you are all still happily in secure jobs?

​​​​​​​