PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LCC, Erosion of condition, and the FAAA
Old 19th Nov 2003, 08:23
Iguanahead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah yes how comforting that things haven't changed since I left the big QF.

When I first started flying it was the boys against the girls, the "good old days before bidding for rosters" against seniority and bidding, then it was everyone against the "old girls" coming back at same seniority, then it was P/C against J/C and Y/C, then it was seniors against juniors, then it was everyone against any language speaker that got a better trip than them, then it was all SYD based crew against the BKK and AKL basings, and of course we'll never get rid of the true classics of them against us i.e the company, the passengers, the other departments, long haul versus short haul, short haul versus regional blah blah blah.

Lets face it this industry breeds contempt and mistrust and in the end everyone fights so hard to keep what they feel is important and we all end up losing sight of the big picture. Nothing like a big boot up the proverbial to get everyone back on track. I agree when Reith and Howard got their ways the industry was never going to be the same. Some time should be spent on working out how to make the system work for everybody rather than all these individuals clawing at keeping things "the same".

Times are changing, stick together or we all end up losing.