PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus FPA cold Weather
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2020, 11:10
Bus Driver Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick 1
So basically AB say , ask your FltOps to calculate and produce the data or buy an a/c with FLS capability...
If you use the same correction like the altitude correction, it should more or less work out. 4% for every 10 degrees below ISA. That seems to be the case in the table posted by itsnotthatbloodyhard.
E.g. OAT -10 = ISA -25 gives a correction of 10%.
If the approach starts at 3000’ AGL, you correct it to 3300’. About 3.3 FPA should bring you at the (corrected) MDA at the right place.

Just remember that (in the 10% case) initially you’ll be 300’ high according the altitude vs. distance table. At 2000’ you’ll be 200’ high etc.
Or you do a bit of extra work prior the approach and you correct the altitude vs. distance table. Remember to calculate the % from the height, not altitude, as this is a common mistake.
​​​

Edit:
By the way, at my previous company, we didn’t correct any altitudes down to -15 OAT. Except for the MDA. I think that at EasyJet it’s down to -10 OAT. I assume it’s because the margin on the published altitudes is probably sufficient down to those temperatures.

Last edited by Bus Driver Man; 22nd Mar 2020 at 11:21.