PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas stand down 20,000 employees till end of May
Old 22nd Mar 2020, 03:07
Foxxster

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
A lot of news is going to come out today, now and late this evening. I would expect state borders closed within the next 72hrs.
I was a little confused in my last post. I was thinking state borders closed was referring to quarantining people in that state in their own homes like California, Italy etc.

of course Tasmania and the NT have already closed their borders and South Australia has just announced it has closed its border from Tuesday.

and that means that anyone coming into the state must self isolate for two weeks.

apologies for my error.

but I expect compulsory home quarantine as per California to be implemented very shortly ..

in addition to my previous post, it seems NSW will go ahead with further closures, read non essential businesses and potentially schools within the next 48 hours regardless of the outcome of tonight’s meeting. In addition to Victoria who are at least going to close schools from tomorrow again regardless of the outcome of tonight’s meeting.