PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas stand down 20,000 employees till end of May
Old 22nd Mar 2020, 01:43
Foxxster

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
A lot of news is going to come out today, now and late this evening. I would expect state borders closed within the next 72hrs.

$10,000 early Super access this FY and next FY if you are in financial stress, just announced. Tax free.

Get the Forces out of their camps and into the community stopping moronic Australians flouting the rules. People jumping the barriers at Bondi this morning. Lock them up.
I am not sure if the whole states will get locked down as per California for example. But hot spots like Sydney , Melbourne and the Gold Coast ,,yes. I have just heard that the Victorian and NSW premiers are both pushing for a closing of schools and non essential businesses . Immediately. There is a national cabinet meeting tonight. if no agreement to do this, Victoria is going to immediately shut their schools regardless.
This is the step before lockdowns.

so closures next week, lockdowns around 10 days later. Maybe a week , maybe 2 weeks but shortly.

You can work out the effects on the remaining domestic airline industry. Shutdown.