PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates continues to operate to the US????
Old 21st Mar 2020, 22:57
Radgirl

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
There is no point taking about rules and regulations. This is a virus. It doesnt obey them. It spreads by expired aerosol, but can live on cardboard for 24 hours and steel and other surfaces for 72 hours. Every country has to be isolated, and countries which have new cases (ie all except China, Singapore etc) must lock down. Nobody goes out except for essential work. We may need some air freight and the odd remaining repatriation flight but Emirates are causing death. Everyone traveling is spreading the virus. They check into hotels and interact with staff. Interact with drivers and passengers and customs. Even if they stay 6 feet apart they shed virus. Even if they dont get symptoms or die they risk acting as a viral pool spreading it to others to suffer and in some circumstances die.

The UK is supposed to be closed but as I came back from my hospital in London I saw a crowded park, masses of children playing together and people sitting together at tables outside empty bars. Selfish, dangerous, stupid.

I urge everyone to take this seriously.