PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 21st Mar 2020, 19:41
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Winterland
...... I'm sure the CAA will be taking great interest .....
...... mainly in clearing their 6 o'clock given that it is their own support for "cost-sharing" by anyone (not just the family or friends of the PPL) and their support of the Winglies/Coavmies of this world that has actually helped generate the "Wild West" of the "Grey Charter" market - or at least made it a whole lot easier/more socially acceptable/abusable! You now have on-line booking engines for it!!!! And the SoS? Wasn't he a strong advocate of the "cost sharing" push outlined above?

I can see some activity from the CAA on the Sala case as they have got a fairly flagrant breach of regs + unavoidable publicity which rather pins them down in a corner to do at least "something", tho, as some have said, will there be sufficient evidence for a prosecution or will it be all too expensive/difficult? As for seeing a sea-change in the area of policing "grey charters", not a hope if you ask me given the CAA made it easier for people to operate that way! I could go on about the way Winglies/Coavmies can easily be used to morph from what the original spirit was for "cost sharing" through all the shades of grey charter such as "benefit in kind" ... but we all know how that can be done so, good reader, I'll bore you not!!!!

Ah well - we will see!

H 'n' H