PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Support for local airfields and Rotor Running Refuels
Old 21st Mar 2020, 16:09
Radgirl

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
Why wouldn’t there be to the opposite an increase in GA activities, if you can’t or don’t want to fly by bus anymore?
I hate to be a killjoy but the west is facing its biggest challenge since the second world war. Society is being closed down but so late that we have a major pandemic in effectively all developed countries. People will die. Commerce will be trashed. We must lock down. I have just returned from my hospital in London the day after the government closed schools, bars, restaurants etc etc but the central park was heaving with groups of children and masses of adults crowded together. Hairdressers open!!!!!! People congregating on tables outside closed pubs!!!!!! I truly fear things are out of control and governments incompetent.

So the idea that you may not care to go to the party / business meeting commercial but fly yourself is heinous. You shouldnt go outside your house. Period. Unless you are flying from your locked down property with others in the same household and not landing away you are risking spreading Covid 19 and causing more death, a longer lockdown, and more commercial misery in the future

Please think of others