Thread: Heathrow-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2020, 02:56
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Terminal Closures

Terminal Closures.

http://www.simpleflying.com/heathrow...-4-closure/amp

Looks like Terminal 4 will be closed and British Airways to consolidate all of their flights at Terminal 5.

Looking back in time a few months ago know one could have ever envisaged this.

Just a few weeks ago everyone was discussing the planned 3rd runway at LHR, move just a few weeks later and we're now at a situation where the prospect of a terminal at the once busy hub airport is closing along with the prospect of airline lounge's, etc in other terminals.

It's absolutely unbelievable how this has all transpired in such a short space of time.

In the article it states the inevitable withdrawal of British Airways B747's which I predicted on the British Airways thread the other day and with a couple of posters suggesting otherwise stating that they won't because "they are bought and paid for and are economical to run due to the lower price of aviation fuel". It was a very naive comment I have to say. The days of British Airways and the Boeing 747 are numbered and they will end far sooner than any of us expected.

I've yet to see the British Airways "BOAC" retro B747. I need to get up to LHR before it's too late. It's very very sad indeed, we all knew that the day would come at some point but not like this 😥