PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 20th Mar 2020, 20:06
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It’s funny to read this....the paradox 😂
No we do not know for certain the state of the industry in six months time, however, there is data supporting as slow recovery that it could take years.
Easyjet selling flights? Off course, from £39 I hear...now look into the economics of it and then we talk. Look into their profit margins, how on earth do you believe that the stimulus package and the current liquidity are sufficient to return to the recruitment boom of the last two years?
How much have Easyjet taken in the last two years?

Michael O’leary took a 50% pay cut as well today, this is the guy who won’t give you free coffee, let that sink in.... Have you been to a Ryanair crew room? Some bases the crewroom is a ship container converted, I am not joking. My point is, it’s all about cost, so be prepared for a long, long wait.

We are free to think all we want, but honestly, wake the hell up. The naivety is shocking, study the industry and the economics of it, it’s part of the role.

You're getting good advice from people who want to see you succeed, as we look out for one another. Ive been there, I fly for a decent airline now and took a massive pay-cut too due to Covid19. It took me many years to land a job so I understand the desperation but wise up.