PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2020, 18:57
Rivet Joint

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by The Nutts Mutts
My thoughts too, I really hope they don't end up with all their eggs in one basket again.
Eastern seem a different beast since being bought back from Bristow, but my worry is that they're much less widely known than Flybe were. Will enough people get to know that they serve these routes?
It looks like they are doing a good job on social media but I cannot see them ever becoming as large an operation as BE. To be fair BE did take a while to build themselves to a household name so you never know. The North Sea oil market is flat so T3 are clearly trying to move towards being a regional airline. I guess they have the jump on LM who are tied into numerous contracts routes. It looks like another ej145 has returned to T3s fleet today. I guess their finances wouldn’t stretch to leasing a couple of the q400s sitting around (obviously once things have returned to normal). You would hope SOU have talked to KLM and AF, and that with the reduced frequency on most routes that they would have capacity to open up at SOU. 230k annual passengers on the AMS route is surely tempting even for the likes of KLM. Again this is all on the basis that things have returned to normal.