PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas stand down 20,000 employees till end of May
Old 20th Mar 2020, 02:14
das Uber Soldat

Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by CamelSquadron
What a........

"Imagine if the money spent on share buybacks ....had been used to ....buy aeroplanes"

Fat lot of good that would do right now when aircraft are grounded.....Think before you type!!!

Those funds were being returned to shareholders - if they had not been used to buyback shares they would have been used to pay dividends - either way the cash leaves the company. QF had a target optimal debt level - any surplus funds are returned to shareholders. It turns out that QF debt level had dropped well below its targetted debt level - so it is in better shape than it otherwise would be.

Finally - employees are not saving the company by burning all their leave and entitlements - the company still has to pay out the cash for those. What employees are doing is SAVING THEIR JOBS. Because the alternative is to make the employees redundant or send them home on LWOP.

You know nothing "What The" !!!!
Oh look, the "im not a management troll" has returned to nobly defend the companys pathetic management strategy, just in time too.

"either way the cash leaves the company" - Which is the very problem being pointed out. It isn't mandatory that this money leaves the company. Apple has AUD$300 billion dollars in pure cash reserves. They have saved for a rainy day. But you idiots, with your insatiable desire to boost your vested share options, have engaged in every dodgy strategy and tactic to artificially inflate the share price so as to bring about a financial windfall for yourselves. $100 million dollars for one single person for the love of God. Indefensible.

I worry for my fellow front line workers, but I certainly don't worry about you lot. Hopefully a knife cuts deeply through the executive management at mainline and they too can apply at Woolies.

You sit there and demand the employees bail you out of yet another crisis that could have been if not averted, then significantly mitigated, and like the payfreeze, when the employees have done their bit, you'll have your beak back in the trough in no time, paying yourselves stupid amounts of money and spending your spare time sitting on pprune lecturing us all that we should be doing the job for minimum wage whilst as always, avoiding anything you can't answer as is your now well established MO.

I could deal with your bull**** when it was situation normal, but in this time of great stress and hardship for friends and colleagues, nobody here has any time for your Angel tripe.

Piss off.