PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Does BA Have An Attitude Problem?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2003, 04:25
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to update you, the internal Staff Forum has been focussing this week on "How British Airways can close the gap (ever-widening gulf actually!) between high passenger loads but falling revenue."

Strangely enough, I was reminded of this thread and have fed back a direct link (and if anyone who knows it reveals my true identity to BA management, I'm dead!!!) which I hope will help BA to return to the services that kept the likes of Aksai Oiler loyal to us!!!

I believe the falling revenues are a direct result of BA's (the company) attitudes and actions, which cause any company to tailspin:

1. Customers hacked off - go elsewhere.
2. Reduce prices, win customers back.
3. Cut costs, customers notice drop in service standards.
4. Go back to stage 1!

As suggestions to get 'em going, I've suggested BA should make its mind up whether it wants to take on easyJet and Ryanair head to head or totally divorce itself from them by giving far superior quality - on the promise that passengers will pay slightly higher fares if they can physically see the benefits the extra cost brings. (I'm thinking of Mr X who travels from Milford Haven at 02.00 hrs to LGW every other week for the early Frankfurt flight and Mr Y who travels from Truro weekly and have lost their traditional English breakfasts - but still pay the same fares as before!)

Aksai Oiler, perceptively, stated what I've suspected for some time - we're becoming a half-way house between no-frills and full-service which nobody really appreciates! (Low spending pax expect full BA service of yesterday and feel cheated when they don't get it, high spending pax aren't receiving the catering and service they got yesterday and feel cheated - lose/lose all round!)

We also need to get our Senior Management to go walkabout! Rod Eddington needs to sit in 33B or 34J and talk to "those what pays us our dosh!" I note on Continental's Flyer Talk pages that their CEO does just that on a regular basis at their Houston Hub!
Somehow, with the stuffed shirts on the BA Board, I think I'm breaking wind against thunder!!!

Thank you, Aksai Oiler, Globaliser et al who have remained loyal through thick and thin! May your God reward you with seats at the "sharp end"!