PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 19th Mar 2020, 18:51
SeventhHeaven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Golf Foxtrod
Hi guys, it is true that next months will be difficult for aviation but don’t forget that Covid19 will probably no longer be relevant this summer and 737 MAX will probably comes back in september!! They will need pilots and also cadets! To train them in their own way like they always did! So you can say whatever you want, experienced pilot or fresh from flight School, as far as I am concerned I prefer to try the assessment and stay in a hold pool than nothing! I have a back up to work in a different sector and I really consider it right now but please guys, stay optimist and put all the odds on your side! Even if you have to pay 55€ or even around 500 for an interview and get nothing, never mind... Should I remind you the cost of the flight training? 😅
Head up and do your best even if everybody know that the future will be difficult, nobody can predict the exact situation...
And by the way, I got the invitation today and I intend to share the questions I had, as often recently asked...
Good luck to everyone.
Aviation will recover eventually but probably never be the same again. We're looking at years before the situation normalizes again. The market will shrink, more airlines will go in administration, plenty of experienced pilots will be out of a job. Command upgrades will grind to a halt, and no new hires will be required. Boeing is still not able to fix the MAX appropriately, aren't selling airplanes, and are asking a 60 billion dollar government bailout just to stay afloat. We're looking at a lost decade in aviation, in Europe and the US.

This is happening, RIGHT NOW. This is not a worst case prediction, this is happening as we speak. It's reality , and that after being grounded for just a month at best, probably looking at two months.

My friend, your optimism is so horribly misplaced and misguided, I can't even laugh about it.