PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2020, 18:04
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jetscream 32
I think you might need to re-read it.....Commissioner for Transport Adina Vălean said: “In light of the mass cancellations and delays passengers and transport operators face due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Commission wants to provide legal certainty on how to apply EU passenger rights. In case of cancellations, the transport provider must reimburse or re-route the passengers.
At the same time, the guidelines clarify that the current circumstances are “extraordinary”, with the consequence that certain rights – such as compensation in case of flight cancellation less than two weeks from departure date – may not be invoked.

I did plus also what was added on right at the end, I yet know no airline that is not reimbursing passengers, many automatically doing it without passengers getting in touch, some like Wizzair offer 120% of fare as future credit.

Many airlines are just getting passengers home like Ryanair who got Spanish Govt to allow flights back to Ireland and opened up airspace.

EU is going after those if there are any acting unreasonable and also being clear that EU261 is not applicable.