PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NOW Aircraft...anyone know where they are?
Old 19th Nov 2003, 03:18
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome back Whippersnapper,

Firstly, 30 hours on and no-one has come back with a single instance of us altering, editing or deleting a word.

Next on the agenda - the closing of threads. The basic psychology is this: the threads evolve into circular arguments regarding the progression of Now to active business. Through 8 years of running the site we've discovered the hard way that getting through a particular milestone is effectively discarded because a long running thread develops a life and baggage of its own between protagonists.

Thus you will see that the last thread was shut down immediately after the proving flight with these words from hamrah:

After 7 weeks and ten pages, it would appear it's time to move on with this thread.

Best Wishes and well done to my friends in NOW.

Time for a new thread ( if required)

H
This was to effectively draw a line under a vast amount of the discussion and move on. Loads of you reading this - so here's the question. Can you draw any other inference towards our actions or congratulations on the proving flight??? The test must surely be not that you agree with us but that what we are doing is reasonable and unbiased.

Our mods are very careful and without exception have been exposed to the frail realities of our business. Some of you may have seen my note on R+N last night to another group of upset and worried crew where I mentioned the 5 airline failures in my home alone.

We bend over backwards to keep it fair yet still give you a voice and we constantly compare notes in a private forum that you can't see.

Finally, I must apologise - my three interventions have disrupted the flow of this thread and, in some ways, it would be the correct moment to allow it to again start refreshed. However, for consistency's sake, the granting of the AOC remains the right time to throw away all the foregoing discussion and move on.

Regards
Rob Lloyd

Last edited by PPRuNe Towers; 19th Nov 2003 at 05:44.