PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 19th Mar 2020, 02:42
LostWanderer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dookie on Drums
Absolutely but I stress your point on health insurance especially right now. I would urge everyone there to think long and hard right now.
This. Anyone starting now or recently started towards the bottom of a seniority list, my god think very very hard about your next move and with the QF news think fast. Furloughs are an absolute 100% certainty now. Don't get stuck in the US with nothing, as of end of the month you got no way home and if you do end up needing medical assistance you could be paying it off for many years, hell even with some types of insurance you could be paying it all off for years the way they do things there.

There will be numerous regionals that don't survive, just like some Airlines wont make it through in Australia. I hope everyone stays safe, but honestly from experience, get back to Australia. You are way better off being sick here.

And if you don't have a SSN/TSA the way things are winding down, you won't be getting it anytime soon. Could be months at this stage I'd dare say! XJT won't fare any better than the rest, being a WO is possibly going to be even worse for them given UA can pull flying a lot easier than a contractor.