PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jabiru type of thing
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2003, 02:46
julianharris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Jabiru

Well I have had a Jabiru now for 2 years and its a wonderful piece of kit. Checking my logbook the other day I have now crossed the Channel 40 times, including several trips to S of France. It's quiet, cheap to buy (for what you get) cheap to run. They are MUCH cheaper than an Ikarus C42 which is probably £8k more to actually have flying and its a fair bit slower, more breezy and more crude than the Jab and parts are more expensive. The Sky Ranger is cheaper but not by much and that's slower than the C42 in terms of cruise. There are 2 sorts of Jab, the UL (microlight) and the 'normal' one which has a shorter wingspan. The Ul is a few kts slower , but mine still cruises happily at 95-100kts ay 14 litres an hour. Can fly without headsets because the engine is so smooth & quiet. I've flown into 375m fields before but a reasonable minimum for regular flying is about 400 - 500 I'd say, depending upon the approach. Now done 420 hours in 2 years. Only problem was a starter motor failure. Hope this helps