PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2020, 20:44
asdf1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DC3 Dave
Quite possibly. But as I’ve said before. Stobart can’t roll up the runway and take it somewhere else.

I believe there will be an enormous pent up frustration and joy if the crisis does not go on too long. Just as aviation has been one of the hardest hit sectors right now, it will surely come come under pressure at some stage to meet demand with reduced capacity, possibility leading to a golden age for airlines and airports alike.

I guess right now it’s finding a way of staying in the game.

Whatever happens I’ll never forget. Without Stobart there would be nothing much worthy of discussion - let alone saving.
Very true. I think it is very sad that the company that started the Southend turnaround might not be there to reap the financial rewards of their hard work.

Too many airports are disappearing from the map nationally. I'd hate to see SEN turned into a mega residential development because the current owners ran out of cash. Hopefully the newer investors into Stobart Group (Tosca Fund Asset Management) have a long term interest in seeing the site remain as an airfield. They have been quietly buying up shares for some time now and have emerged as the biggest individual shareholder.