PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jabiru type of thing
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2003, 02:04
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's wrong with a real aeroplane then? How about a nice Jodel or Aeronca
My trouble is I don't know my arse from my elbow when it comes to plane types, you can mention Jodel and Aeronica till the cows come home and I still am none the wiser Got any pics? How much are they?

The main thing is its got to be "cheap" to run and buy, GpA, STOL (400m strips?), look like a plane, be reasonably strong for when I accidentally abuse it, be reasonably comfortable (for the Mrs) and warm (no funny suits, she wouldn't have that), um...have suitable room for an array of gadgets (turn co-ordinator at a minimum), oh and be able to lift us both with full fuel and a small bag, approx 260Kg....

I tried to convince her (and the bank manager) that a Twin Star would fit our needs but she wasn't having it !

Interesting about the composit materials and the outdoors G, I must admit I quite like composite materials, it gives me a false sense of security which I enjoy when aloft .

Cheers
EA

Editied: because after a bit of research on the web I now realise I do know what Jodels and Aeronicas are. Still you learn something new every day, I didn't reaslise the Robin was a Jodel I suppose I should pay more attention seeing as I'm going to do an Aero's course in one soon!