PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2020, 09:57
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bricquebec
Why should they? Better an unsecured creditor, than not at all. And, depending on the legal situation, which I am not qualified to comment upon, they may even enjoy some security as a result of having possession of the aircraft.
Quoting from my original post, "I'm talking about landing fees more than anything else".

Landing fees are easy to be scrapped from the debt due, any other fees can be and should be paid. By the time the creditors are finished with winding up Flybe there will be absolutely nothing left for the employees and this is always the case when a company goes bust.

Trying to get such things such as landing fees paid from a bankrupt airline is just pure greed in my opinion. I know that it's the norm in these circumstances but the aircraft are where they are, there not costing the airport much if anything. The company's gone and the airport's wrap up even more debt on the creditors, it makes me sick.

I know it's business at the end of day and I totally understand that but it annoys me whenever a company goes bust there's never anything left in the pot to pay the former employees. I know I've been there.