PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA pilots worried about employment 2021
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2020, 23:54

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perhaps theres no tone in my question.

There is no debate to be had on past mis-management, nor the capability of a Aerodrome to support a particular airframe, ect. Yes you are correct on all.

I could point out they just grounded 2 ATR’s which are very capable in the hands of any 3rd world airline.

However at a time when everything from accomodation to catering is being wound back and redundancies are being communicated from PS, I’d be more encouraged if they’ll wind up this particular excess.

“on carriage” is a moot point now, so canceled routes are not going to matter.

Originally Posted by Colonel_Klink
The QQ flying is a bit of a furphy - what do you actually want to happen with those routes? Having a look today, QQ fly the following from BNE:
- ISA
- GLA
- ROK (as well as VA737)
- POM (initially done by VAI with 30% load factors)
- EML
- BDB
- ASP

Do you really think any of those routes would support a 737 flying to them? Qlink fly Dash 8s to most of those regional QLD ports (or 717s).

So if Alliance stops the flying, those routes get cancelled. Simple. Is that what you want? Because that is what will happen - VA aren’t going to be putting a 737 on BNE-EML, I can assure you of that. Do you want to lose all the on carriage from those ports? Do you want to give all that market share to the competitor- who will then price gouge the s#@! out of those places? This doesn’t take into account the fact VA has a contract with QQ - and I would imagine it has penalty clauses in it for cancelling early (unless there is a ‘force majeure’ clause give current circumstances).