PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus employment low on its way?
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2020, 20:11
SeventhHeaven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the1917 actually makes some good points, and we shouldn't bash him for expressing them. It's a nice change from the standard 'i'm 30 years old, I don't care about the recession, I don't care about never finding a job, I have a degree, I can afford to pay off my training loan for 20 years with nothing to show for it, I just don't want to regret it'

It's very hard to truly appreciate what this industry is about until you're fully committed and waist deep. This forum could use some honest introspection into the profession as well, to balance all the praise and glory posts. Yes, airline IFR flying can be boring on long sectors, waking up at 4am in the winter absolutely sucks, living abroad and commuting is a total pain and waste of time. The more honest we are with ourselves the better prepared the next generation of pilots will be.

Personally, 75% of captains and FO I know all say they love this job, they enjoy the salary and potential time off, but they would never ever do it again, and don't want their kids to get into it. And that's ok.