PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unemployed / Unpaid Leave / All Airline Staff
Old 17th Mar 2020, 19:00
Paul Rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unemployed / Unpaid Leave / All Airline Staff

As a long term unemployed B 737 Captain (7 months) I appreciate that it is awful to loose your job or to be placed against your will on unpaid leave. Without doubt we are now looking at a crisis in civil aviation and society at large of potentially unimaginable proportions. As pilots we know that the initial reaction to a big event is startle effect (shock) followed by denial followed by coping behaviour based on drills and procedures. I would like to invite anybody working in the aviation industry in any role or job function that has lost their job or been placed on unpaid leave to send their CV to me at [email protected]. This is an old email address that I last used 17 years ago while working as a Recruitment Consultant and I must emphasise that I am not seeking a candidate pool to trade off other people misery for commercial gain. Rather I have a sense that if airlines do become insolvent that very soon there will be a global demand for aviation talent from every discipline and trade and that having a record of groups of talented people willing to work together to get things moving again may be of benefit to us all and of benefit to society. If you do not have a CV to hand please do email me with your name, email address, mobile number, and brief description of your background. Once again I emphasise that this is not for commercial gain but intended to be for the collective good of aviation professionals and society that depends on being connected.