PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 17th Mar 2020, 08:43
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Look I don’t want to run you over so I’m sorry if my post are/were a little aggressive, it’s not personal it’s just this issue isn’t new and we have regulations to stop it. So let’s keep the debate open because with this type of issue keeping things on top of the table is useful.

So let’s take this illegal charter market as being widespread, the frequency of its abuse is often and over many years.

There are now a limited number of answers given the lack of prosecutions.

Either you raise the issue with heli ops at the regulator and they say “yes we know, nothing to see here.. move on”.

Or perhaps “no we didn’t know that... let’s look... we looked and actually nothing to see here... move on”

Because given what we know about CAA heli ops there is no way they said “thanks but we can’t be bothered to look”. Nor (if the view is that it is the same people doing illegal charter month in month out) can it be credible that over the long term no evidence of such illegal activity exists.

Unless you know different and in which case you should expose all.