PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 16th Mar 2020, 19:41
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Sir Niall Dementia
Once again Pitts you hit your keyboard in ignorance. I’ve been fighting against illegal public transport for years. Well before this case I was subject to some serious threats from some dodgy operators, as have others on this thread been. If you think my outrage is laughable I invite you to my office to take a look at the standards we are required to keep up and the oversight we are subject to.

The biggest problem in stopping this practice is the level of evidence required by the regulator before they’ll take action on a report. It is as frustrating as the illegal practice. Unless someone from the regulator is a witness, or as in this case there’s a tragic outcome a prosecution is almost impossible. While it all may quieten down for a while the Henderson’s of this world will be back, other lives will be risked, all to save a few quid.

SND
Do you really not see the irony in your post? You’ve been fighting this illegal public transport for years..... the problem is the level of evidence. Really??

What does that mean?

You and authority have been fighting a multi year effort and you fail to gain traction because of lack of evidence?? So just how wild is the landscape?

With all the email, electronic communication, money transfer, online (and therefore very visible) advertising, a helicopter ops guy at the regulator happy to wade in and no evidence over multi years??? Mystery shop? A go-pro or similar ? I don’t think it’s very hard, it’s not even very resource intensive.

My summary is either this isn’t actually all that common to a level the outrage might suggest or there is more than one blind eye being turned. If it’s the later it’s no time to be shy in outing these people because they are as guilty as any pilot transgressing the ANO.