PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia Border enforced isolation 12am Monday
Old 16th Mar 2020, 19:27
Berealgetreal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mascot PPL
slats11 - thanks for that - interesting.

If I was china I'd be selling my "Build a 1,000 bed hospital in a week" model around the world right now.....

Given the number of bed blockers in UK hospitals (no local care places) I can't believe we can't bulk purchase hotels (as per the heathrow quarantine location a few weeks back), shift a load of "low nursing requirement" folks out to these "hospitels" and use final year student nurses and medics to keep an eye on them to free up beds in proper hospitals for the surge to come. Mind you - given the volumes expected this probably buys 1-2 weeks capacity at best...... Enough time for china to build us a few 1,000 bed units?
We are too slow moving and have leaders that are paralysed by fear of making the wrong decision. In the end what will get us will be an overwhelmed medical system.

I hate to say it but this is really serious on multiple levels. Media, Business, Government and the WHO have totally misled the public.

Best example of this is masks. They don’t want YOU to wear a mask so THEY (hospitals) can wear one. You should not only wear a mask but also eye protection. Have you seen the doctors in Italy and China? They are dressed like they are at Chernobyl 1987. I’ve been following this very closely (non main stream media). Why won’t they close schools? Doctors and nurses have children at schools. No schools=No medical staff.

Real dog eat dog. Protect yourself and your family. Good luck.