PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines in crisis
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2020, 18:20
oriental flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airlines in crisis

I fully understand the level of resentment between the aircrew and the company that this management has created over the years which is coming back to bite them in the ass
having said that I think that we will all have to face the reality of the current situation , An Australian aviation expert has forecast that the corona pandemic will bankrupt most of the worlds airlines in a matter of weeks . The National airlines will be bailed out by the taxpayer but we don’t have that backstop . So although this may be a slight exaggeration I do not think that this is that far off the truth .
perhaps we need to reconsider the stance on voluntary unpaid leave . I know that it may anger many of you to help out after you have all been treated so shabbily over the years, but I think that taking 3-4 months of unpaid leave is preferable to having no job at all . I understand that many of you can not afford to take unpaid leave due to high rents in HK but perhaps the company could bring pressure to bear on your landlords to reduce their rentals during this crisis . My landlord accepted this situation during SARS so it can be done , once landlords realise that if CX goes bankrupt they won’t have any income period ,they will come to the party , For those with mortgages the banks will grant repayment holiday periods if political pressure is brought to bear .
this is turning out to be far more serious than any of us thought and the impacts will be felt for years so please consider your own personal position but perhaps it’s time to recognise the situation and soften our stance on helping out
If it helps consider this a self survival tactic
here is the link
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8116147/Coronavirus-bankrupt-nearly-worlds-airlines-matter-WEEKS-aviation-experts-say.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8117181/United-Airlines-slashes-routes-half-Virgin-Atlantic-cuts-flights-75-cent.html

Last edited by oriental flyer; 16th Mar 2020 at 18:35.