PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it appropriate to give small gift for cabin crew when boarding?
Old 16th Mar 2020, 13:05
Mr Mac

Received 168 Likes on 103 Posts
Tokenboxticker
Like Load Toad I also have flown extensively usually over 100 - 150 flight per year and have been in or around A/C since the age of 3 with the vast majority of my flights being long haul. I also suffered a crisis in confidence (like SOS friend) on a flight up from the Med, with Flying Colours many years ago, when crammed in at the back in the early hours between two very large women on a flight from Palma to Manchester. I just really wanted to get off the plane even at altitude ! I put it down to being very tired, but when I flew to Dublin 3 days later for work the same feeling of claustrophobia came over me. I had a flight back to Lagos the following week which I was dreading as a result (most people dread Lagos for other reasons !) but for once in my life I got an upgrade with BA, and spent a very pleasant flight talking with the crew, as we were lightly loaded, and have been fine ever since. So as you can see fear can strike even the most seasoned flyer, and as I say I have been in some dodgy weather and planes on my travels before and since, but that Flying Colours flight scared me the most for some reason. As for a gift I agree with Load Toad, be polite and friendly without being intrusive, and say thank you when getting off, and maybe make a note of some names so you can e-mail BA or Virgin afterwards. It will get back to the crew if you note names and flight number and date, and I know that from experience having done that, and subsequently met some of the crew some months later on another flight, that it is appreciated. Have a great trip and enjoy SA.

Kind regards
Mr Mac