PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted Airport History and Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2020, 09:48
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
Sotonsean

Although heading totally off piste really enjoyed your potted history of Tor Line, brought back memories of my early days in the freight forwarding industry (now re-branded logistics, even though most of the companies with "logistics" emblazoned on their trucks and mast heads haven't a clue what logistics is - what they do is still good of freight forwarding or road haulage!!) and chasing shipping details for groupage shipments to Scandinavia.
I'm pleased that you enjoyed my "potted" history of Tor Line and that it brought back memories for you.

I actually thought that the mods might have deleted it based on the fact that it's not aviation related. At the time of writing it I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do but I enjoyed writing it and I'm pleased that you enjoyed reading it.

I could write similar stories about many other shipping company's from the past, but this is not the place.

Although aviation is a huge passion of mine, the shipping industry is probably more of a passion of mine having been involved in it for the last 37 years.

In future though I will stick to aviation on pprune and in particular on the Stansted Airport History and Nostalgia thread considering that I am the person who started it😉