PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it appropriate to give small gift for cabin crew when boarding?
Old 16th Mar 2020, 01:02
TokenBoxTicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi SoS and thank you for taking the time to reply.

What a coincidence - I used to fly often when I was younger (and fully sighted), but now aged 41 the prospect of flying again has me really nervous!

I will be flying alone, which doesn't bother me in the slightest - I'm a lot braver when I am on my own. But I know that I will be very anxious and just want to be counting down those Plus 3, Minus 8 minutes....! I think that I will be fine during the actual flight, I am expecting the takeoff and landing to be my panic points!

I'll be memorising the amount of seats to get to the nearest exit so that I don't hold anyone up in an emergency, too. I know it's small potatoes, but I am trying to be proactive and concentrate on practical things and staying calm - I know there is only a tiny chance of something going wrong, but I don't want to make matters worse by holding everyone up.

My husband grew up in an R.A.F. household and has been around aircraft all his life - he did gliding in his teenage years, and being chucked up into the air doesn't faze him, so he has been no help whatsoever! Apart from to ask if I would like to take parachuting lessons😃