PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 15th Mar 2020, 10:00
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Kit Sanbumps KG
Having stood beside CAA staff watching grey market aircraft appear out of the low overcast, doing their home-made GPS approaches into VFR airports, having sat in meeting rooms with them to discuss exactly this topic, having provided lists of aircraft, crew, passengers, and flights, all of these things, and seen them do NOTHING, I can lay my life on the fact that you don’t know what you’re talking about.
Anyone who operates a helicopter in the UK will know the individual im referring to at the CAA and will as sure as im sat on my iPhone making predictive text fails will to a man know the absolute veal this guy would get involved with someone he thought was operating illegally. You sir have never sat next to this guy and watched anyone do something illegal.

So like I said either the shouting hasn’t been loud enough or the evidence hasn’t been there.

As an aside given the causal / contributory elements of this accident the causal parts had nothing to do with the economics of the flight.