PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia Border enforced isolation 12am Monday
Old 15th Mar 2020, 05:39
Transition Layer

Received 88 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by B772
Seeing that we have been advised to have 2 weeks of supplies on hand at any one time until further notice I was astounded to see how little stock my local Woolworths in Melbourne has. The frozen food section has been decimated. I can understand the dry goods area taking a hiding.
Where is your advice from...some one on Facebook? Here is the real advice from the authorities...
The advice from Australia's health authorities to shoppers spooked by endless empty supermarket shelves and images of overflowing trolleys is to have a few days worth of food - but no more.

Australia's chief medical officer Brendan Murphy on Sunday called for 'sensible' purchasing of necessities in the wake of self-isolation fears, as supermarkets across the country struggle to restock.

"For most people we don't want to encourage major panic buying at the moment," he told ABC's Insiders program on Sunday morning.

"We've seen that with the supermarket chains. But I think it is probably sensible to have a few days of supply."